Friday, September 23, 2011

Chicken Salad-Stuffed Avocado

This stuff is so awesome! I may or may not have made this recipe 3 times this week....So yeah, I did. The first night I made it with some tomato bruschetta. Try it. It is amazing!
Chicken Salad-Stuffed Avocado
1 Hass Avocado
1 c. Diced poached chicken (I used grilled chicken)
2 tbsp. minced celery
1/2 shallot, minced (I used some red onion)
1/2 tsp Dijon mustard
3 tbsp creme fraiche (I used Greek yogurt)
2 tbsp sliced almonds
pinch of Harvest Eating House Seasoning*
1. Cut avocado in half. Remove pit and discard.
2. Cut a small slice off back of each avocado shell, so they will sit level to be bowls. Scoop out each half of the avocado & chop it into small pieces.
3. Combine avocado, chicken, celery, shallot, mustard, creme fraiche, almonds, and seasoning in mixing bowl. Fold carefully.
4. To serve, scoop large portions of salad into each empty avocado half.
---Harvest Eating House Seasoning - *2 tbsp salt, 1 1/2 tbsp pepper, 1 tsp garlic powder, 1/2 tbsp oregano, 1/2 tsp thyme, 1/4 tsp cumin
---I don't know if my avocados were just on the small side or what, but less than half of the stuff
fit into the avocado shells. It was amazing eaten with crackers!

1 comment:

  1. Sounds good to me. I think I am in a rut with me cooking.

    ReplyDelete