Friday, December 30, 2011

Creme Brulee

  Mike and I made creme brulee last week.  It was so delicious!  For those of you (like me) who have never had it before, it's basically a really great custard with a paper-thin layer of sugar.  It was remarkably easy, and so creamy and decadent.  Those little black bits?  Little vanilla beans.  I got such a kick out of using a real vanilla bean.  I may be a big dork, but it was fun. :)  Plus the vanilla flavor was out of this world!
  Sorry I can't include the recipe, but it's an America's Test Kitchen recipe that you can find in their Baking Basics DVD or I'm sure in one of their books.  The only change I would make is the sugar for the top.  They call for demerara sugar, but we preferred regular old white sugar.
  I totally recommend trying it, especially since we have Valentine's Day coming up!  What a fancy little dessert for the little sweeties in your life.  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment