Saturday, November 5, 2011

Pea Soup and Genius Husbands


Stick to your ribs soup.  Warm you up soup.  So good.

Split Pea Soup

1 lb split peas
 garlic powder
Mrs. Dash
Pepper
Oregano
2 Bay Leaves
2 chicken bouillon
1 medium onion, chopped
3 medium carrots, sliced
small ham chunks

1.  Rinse peas.  In large pot, place 12 c water, peas, ham, onion, seasonings, and bouillon.  (I didn't have bouillon so I just subsitituted chicken broth - 8 c. chicken broth, 4 c. water but it could have had more water I think and been fine.) Bring to simmer - cook uncovered 1 1/2 hours.  Stir every 15-20 minutes or so.
2.  Add carrots and cook continuing simmering another 2 1/2 hours.  Keep stirring.
3.  Remove bay leaves.  Serve as is or blend in blender or with immersion blender.


Tilt your head to the right. 
That is genius right there. 
No, not me.  I can't figure out why blogger isn't putting this picture up right.  It's driving me bonkers.

My husband is the genius.  We kept losing our cups.  We'd set it down and then forget which was ours.  So he just put some soap dishes up above the sink and voila!  We always know which cup is ours!  He also put two up for sponges, etc and a bracket for a washcloth to clean up the kiddos.  The paintbrush isn't usually there.  :)  It is so nice to have everything clean and organized around the sink. 
Thanks sweetie!

No comments:

Post a Comment